|Opens nationwide March 23rd!!|
* Wednesday, March 7 is World Read Aloud Day. Read a book to someone!
* Friday, March 23 The Hunger Games opens in theaters everywhere! You can buy tickets online NOW and there are Thursday midnight showings in some places as well.
Saturday, March 10
* I will be at the Micheltorena St. Garden doing Children's Stories in the Garden! Storytime will be from 12 to 1. Stop on by!
Wednesday, March 7
* David Carter will present The Lorax pop-up book at Vroman's in Pasadena at 4 pm.
Thursday, March 8
* David Carter will do his presentation at Children's Book World.
Friday, March 9
* Olivia de Haulleville presents and signs a book she illustrated The Crows of Pearblossoms, and her uncle Aldous Huxley wrote, at Vroman's at 6 pm.
Sunday, March 11
* Dark Days book tour (YA lit) at Vroman's featuring Claudia Grey, Lauren Oliver, Dan Wells, 6 pm
Tuesday, March 13
* Lisa Price discusses and reads from her young adult book Starters at 6 pm.
Monday, March 19
* Kristi Yamaguchi (yes, that one) will read and present her new book It's a Big World, Little Pig at Vroman's at 11 am.
Saturday, March 24
* Storytime with artist and author Jeff Mack at the Eric Carle Picture Book Museum. Free with museum admission, 2:00 pm
Sunday, April 1
* Ok, I know this is not in March but it is oh-so-close. And it is a HUGE deal! Mo Willems will be presenting his new book at Brookline Booksmith at 10:30 am. It is free but you need tickets. You can get up to 4 tickets in advance starting March 15th. This will definitely be a sell-out folks to get your tickets early. Sorta bummed I decided to stay in Cali for my spring break this year. Anyone want to be my representative??
Sunday, April 1
* This is for the baseball fans! Kadir Nelson (Caldecott Award-winning illustrator) and Sharon Robinson (Jackie Robinson's daughter) wrote a book called Testing the Ice, all about Jackie Robinson. On Sunday, they will join Scott Simon (author of Jackie Robinson and the Integration of Baseball) and they will discuss the life of Jackie Robinson and then sign their books. The event is free with museum admission and teachers will earn 1 PDP for attending. Starts at 1 pm.
Know of any events in your area? I would be happy to post them for April if you send them my way!