In the meantime, here are some bookish events for your start to summer!
* Barbara Brauner and James Iver Mattson host a party for their book, O.M.G. (Oh My Godmother) The Glitter Trap Book, at Once Upon a Time Bookstore, 3 pm
* Erin Soderberg presents her book, The Quirks: Welcome to Normal, at Mrs. Nelson's, 5:00 pm
* Kristin Kittscher presents her book, The Wig in the Window, at Vroman's, 7 pm
* Weird Al....yes, Weird Al (this is the LA listing after all) will present his new book, My New Teacher and Me, Children's Book World, 11 am
|My students and I with Mo!|
* The Eric Carle Museum presents A Fairy Garden Celebration with art projects and authors and illustrators all day. This would be the perfect event for your child who believes in the magic of pixie dust! More details here.
* Young Adult Panel featuring Gina Damico, A.C. Gaughen, and Diana Renn Love, Brookline Booksmith, 7 pm
* A Seriously Silly Celebration! Join MO WILLEMS for a tour of his new collection at the Eric Carle. There are a number of events leading up to this and some are for members only. However, on June 23rd if you get tickets, you can hang out with the man himself!
* Tara Sullivan presents her debut novel, Golden Boy, at Porter Square Books, 7 pm
* Meet artist and author Rebecca Emberley at the Carle, 2 pm
* Sarah O'Connell presents her book The Eye of the Whale at the Bethesda Library, 2 pm
* Carol Butler and Genois Wilson, Hooray for Books Bookstore, 3:30 pm
* Jen Bryan presents A Splash of Red at Politics & Prose, 10:30 am
* Sarah Dessen presents her new book The Moon and More at Politics & Prose, 7 pm
* Rachel Renee Russell, author of The Dork Diaries, will present her books at Hooray for Books Bookstore, 6:30 pm
* Author Ann Bonwill present her books at Hooray for Books Bookstore, 3 pm
* "Sort of Romance" Young Adult Book Panel, Hooray for Books Bookstore, 3:30 pm