Oh, hello August. You beautiful, hot, sticky month. How did you creep up on me so fast?
Before we get started - today is my mom's birthday. I've written many an ode to her here and today I posted a new book list on my Bookshop.org website in honor of her. Check out books, for grown ups and kids, inspired by my timeless and talented mother.
|Me and Mom.|
How is everyone doing? Over here, the dream is alive and well. I've neglected my monthly check in for a few weeks because being a solo business owner is AMAZING and very, very busy. I've had to check in daily about my priorities and when the shop is closed I have precious time to spend with my family or catching up with friends. Alas, this means the blog has been on the short end of receiving some love.
Here I am! Let's check in. This is a post that is not about books but for those who want to read how I'm doing with my monthly goals. (Hi Mom! Hi Fam! Hi West Coast Mom!) So let's get started, shall we?
The Big One - Stop biting my nails.
At 8 months in the year, I can say that this might be a success! There were a couple of close calls this month but I nailed it! (Yes, that pun was fully intended.)
The Other Goals
1. Read a novel written in Spanish. Ugh, this might not make it. Not only have I not done this but this month I had to take a break from my Spanish lessons. Prioritizing is no joke.
2. Learn how to roller skate...again. Listen. The city of Buffalo is opening the largest outdoor roller skating rink in NY and I HAVE to make this happen. I've looked for skates online. Now I just need everyone to come and buy books so I can make enough money to buy some sweet skates.
3. Stop dying my hair. Easy. Peasy.
4. Learn how to use power tools. I haven't added any new power tools to the list but I do think about more projects I could do...when I have time.
5. Join a writing group. Yep!! I've just finished draft number 5 of a sweet little story and my group has been the feedback I needed to shape it up.
6. Learn to play "Blackbird" on the guitar. *crickets*
Oh, you know, just living this dream on the regular. I love getting to know neighbors, travelers, and readers of all ages. I update the website and social media pages regularly so check 'em out!
|Oscar came in to be a Junior Bookseller!|
|My biggest mistake yet?|
The white chalkboard pen doesn't
wipe off. I'm stuck with this sign
until I repaint the chalkboard.
Post a Comment