No Foolin'! April Events
|April 21 - April 22, USC Campus|
* Tahereh Mafi, Veronica Rossi, Anna Carey, and Cynthia Hand, four YA authors, will discuss and sign their new books at Vroman's at 6 pm.
* Jon Klassen, illustrator of I Want My Hat Back (I WILL be there! LA traffic better stay out of my way!), at Mrs. Nelson's at 5 pm
* Stories in the Garden with me! Micheltorena St. School Garden noon to 1 pm.
* James Milhaley, author of You Can't Have My Planet, But Take My Brother at Children's Book World, 2 pm.
* Mac Barnet, author of Extra Yarn!, at Mrs. Nelson's at 2 pm
* Peter Larangis, author of 39 Clues, at Mrs. Nelson's at 5 pm
* Pseudonymous Bosch, mysterious author of The Name of This Book is Secret, and other books. This is hosted by Children's Book World but the event will be held at a school. You can still go, just call the bookstore ahead of time for information.
April 21 and April 22
* Los Angeles Times Festival of Books!! Tons and tons of amazing authors in the two-day event at USC. Some children's authors/illustrators include: Doreen Cornin (The Diary of a Spider), Marc Brown (author of the Arthur books), Philip and Erin Stead (author and illustrator of A Sick Day for Amos McGee), Jeff Kinney (Diary of a Wimpy Kid), Adam Mansbach (Go the Fuck to Sleep), Judy Blume (Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing, and a million other books), Cornelia Funke (Inkheart, The Thief Lord), John Gantos (Newbery Award winner for Dead End in Norvelt), Kadir Nelson (Award winner, We Are the Ship, and a million other books), Marla Frazee (Stars) and a whole lot more!
* YA panel with authors Stephanie Perkins, Gayle Forman, and Nina LaCour at Children's Book World, 6:30 pm
* Pop-up Book artist David Carter at Mrs. Nelsons, 5 pm
* Pop-up Book artist David Carter at Once Upon a Time Bookstore, 6:30 pm
* A panel (Words of Wonder Tour) with Jenn Reese, Anne Nesbet, and Laura White Reyes at Once Upon a Time Bookstore, 7 pm
* YA panel (Words of Wonder Tour) with Jenn Reese, Anne Nesbet, and Laura White Reyes at Children's Book World, 3 pm
* James Milhaley, author of You Can't Have My Planet, But Take My Brother at Chevalier Books
* Mo Willems, yes, THE Mo Willems, will be at Brookline Booksmith. This event is sold out (you needed to request a free ticket) but you can still head to the store for a signing afterward. Event starts at 10:30 am.
* Kadir Nelson, Sharon Robinson, and Scott Simon are going to discuss all things Jackie Robinson at the Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art, 1 pm. (Teachers! You can get 1 PDP!)
* Luisa Fortes da Cunha, author of the popular Portuguese series Teodora will be at the Valente Branch of the Cambridge Public Library at 11 am
* Kathy Brodsky and Cameron Bennet will read and illustrate at the Carle Museum, 2 pm. Free with museum admission.
* Jeanine Atkins, author of Borrowed Names: Poems Laura Ingalls Wilder, Madam C.J. Walker, Marie Curie and their daughters, will read and sign her books at the Carle Museum, 12 pm
* Somerville Public Library is hosting a discussion of Paul Fleischman's Seedfolks, one of my favorite books. This is for kids age 9 - 12. The author won't be there but this is a great event! A community discussion will be held on April 22 at the Walnut Street Community Garden from 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm.
* Dedie King and Judith Inglese, the team behind the "I See the Sun" series, Carle Museum, 1pm, free with admission
* Mix and Mingle with picture book creators Anna Alter, Carlyn Beccia, Harry Bliss, Brian Lies, Shelley Rotner and Dan Yaccarino, at the Carle Museum, 11:30 - 1:30, free with admission
* Durga Bernhard, author of How Snowshoe Hare Rescued the Sun, and other books, at the Carle Museum, 2 pm
Post a Comment