July Events - Where's Waldo and Meg?
|Look for this poster in July!|
It makes sense that I will be wandering from city to city because the popular Where's Waldo book series celebrates it's 25 Anniversary this July. Bookstores all over the country are hosting Where's Waldo events in honor of the sneaky guy who likes to hide. Most events involve searching for Waldo in local stores and then returning for a prize at the bookstore. Check your local bookstore to see if they are participating! Need to find one? Click Here
In the meantime, check out the events in some cities and bookstores I may be visiting this summer!
* Author and illustrator Jason Chin will present Redwoods and Coral Reefs, 4-5 pm, LA Public Library, Central Library
* Carolyn Washington-Gaines will be signing copies of Blues!.. Why Blues and Latin Music?, 1-3 p.m., Chevalier's Books
* Bethanie Deeney Murguia, author of Zoe Gets Ready, 10:30 a.m., Children's Book World
* Nina Berry, Brigid Kemmerer, & Marni Bates present and sign Otherkin, Storm, & Awkward, Vroman's, 3 pm
* Tracey Campbell Pearson, author of Bob, will read and sign books, 2 pm, Eric Carle Picture Book Art Museum
* Jodi Picoult and her daughter Samantha Van Leer present their first YA novel, Between the Lines at the Coolidge Corner Theater, 6 pm. Tickets are $5 at Brookline Booksmith
* Kathy Price presenting, The Bourbon Street Musicians, 2:30 pm, Boston Central Library
* Jessica Morgan and Heather Cocks, aka the Fug Girls, present their new book Messy, 7 pm, Brookline Booksmith
* DO NOT MISS THIS EVENT!!! Premier Screening of the new Mo Willems Films, Q&A and book signing with Mo Willems, 10:30 am, Eric Carle Museum
* Illustrator Nicole Tadgell reads from her newest picture book First Peas to the Table, 2:30 pm, Eric Carle Museum
|My Mecca...Books of Wonder, NYC|
* Check out the Books of Wonder events here!
* No events but going to visit B is For Books, this Children's Bookstore my mom has told me all about!
* Jennifer Gennari, author of My Mixed-Up Berry Blue Summer will speak at Bear Pond Books, 4 pm
* Jo Knowles, Kate Messner, and Linda Urban authors of See You at Harry's, Capture the Flag, and Hound Dog True, respectively, will speak at Bear Pond Books, 4pm
um, i went to the book festival in LA w you. do i really have to do more book events in nyc?? youre killing me smalls.ReplyDelete
You will do what you are told little sister! We will go to book events FOR-EV-ERDelete