1. Read a novel written in Spanish. Not yet.
2. Learn how to roller skate...again. Nope.
3. Stop dying my hair. Yes, still. Although I think I have less grey hair now. Is that possible?
4. Learn how to use power tools. Ugh, no.
I did paint my bedroom, all by myself, but there was no use of power tool needed. I have a plan to make a squirrel picnic table as my first project. Hopefully that can happen soon.
|House projects move SLOWLY here.|
5. Join a writing group. Yes. Still ish. In February I signed up for 12x12 - 12 picture books in 12 months. This is an online group anyone can join in the hopes of drafting or revising 12 pictures books in a year. There are opportunities to join critique groups through this. I am still looking for one that looks right for me but I've done three picture book drafts so far! Oh, I get badges for this too. For those of you who like rewards and are looking to write picture books, this would be helpful. I don't really care about badges.
6. Learn to play "Blackbird" on the guitar. No.
7. Bookstore! Moving along!
I realized that Yoga with Adriene's
monthly themes line up really nicely with my monthly phases of planning. In February her theme was "Bridge" and my phase was all about connecting with bookstore owners. Creating a "bridge" of my own if you will. Right now I've spoken to 5 different owners (thanks friends who have connected me!) including two of my favorite bookstores ever. Adriene's March theme is "Move" and my next phase is all about making the moves on logistics. After a really amazing chat with the only physical children's bookstore in Western New York (WNY), I am pumped to move to the next step. So I'm calling my new phase "Move" too! Anyone know how to make an awesome business plan? Cuz that's about to happen. I'm also looking into entrepreneur classes and local organizations that will help me learn how to run a business, get grants, etc.
My adult books have slowed a bit. I'm still reading the February book club book, The Sanatorium
, and haven't even ordered the March title yet.
Post a Comment